Wednesday, April 30, 2014

6 Months

My baby girl turned 1/2 year old on April 28th!  I can't believe how much Carsyn has grown.  Her personality is really starting to show.
6 Months Young (26 weeks) - 4/29/2014

At her 6 month wellness appointment she weighed 15 lbs 3 oz (31%), measured 25" long (16%) and her head circumference was 43.6 cm (86%).  She's firmly in 6 month clothing, although I think some 6 month pajamas aren't long enough for her legs.  Go fig since she's obviously on the tiny side!  She had a good 2 pound weight jump this past month which I'm sure is due to rice cereal and stage 1/2 baby foods!  Yup, we started her on pureed baby food about 2 weeks ago and she's been eating like a champ ever since.  Carsyn is even drinking water from mommy's cup!

grunt



As you can see Carsy has mastered sitting up.  She loves to sit on our bed in the morning while we get ready for work and she likes to sit on the couch or the floor with some of her toys.  Anything is better than lying down!
siblings 3/29/2014

All dressed up 4/4/2014
We're thrilled that Carsy is now sleeping through the night. About 3 weeks ago we changed up her feeding schedule.  During the day she only takes a 4-6 oz bottle, but at night we beef her up.  She now eats cereal and/or a stage 1 food around 6 pm and has her last bottle (a whopping 8 oz!) around 8:30 pm.  This works out perfectly as she falls right asleep and stays asleep until 6-6:30am.  Ahhhh, so nice to sleep through the night again!

This is my happy face 4/5/2014

watermelon! 4/12/2014
Carsyn loves to eat!  We started her on stage 1/2 foods a couple weeks ago as we noticed she always wanted what we were eating.  So far she's also tried pizza crust, watermelon and mashed potatoes.  She really didn't eat the pizza crust, mainly just chewed on it, but oh how she loved that watermelon!  I haven't seen any teeth yet, but I bet they pop up in the next month.  Ry's first 2 bottom teeth came though when he was 27 weeks.

Happy Easter 4/20/2014

Got my bunny slippers on ;)
Our little girl is all about noises.  She squeals, laughs, coos and grunts all the time.  Just the other day Malek swore to me he heard her say 'mama' on the way to daycare.  I'm sure it was a fluke and she was just making random noises. 
looking up to big brother 4/24/2014

I'll protect you

Carysn started day care this month.  Her first day was Monday 4/28, the day she turned 6 months.  So far she's having a ball.  I watched her all morning on the live video feed, the teachers love her and can't put her down.  ;)  Her first day they sent us a video of her playing with her toys and smiling.  I'm excited to see how much she will learn from the other babies.  
mafia girl 4/25/2014
Carsyn is a happy little girl with an infectious smile and gorgeous brown eyes.  I love her reaction when she sees me after daycare, she gets so excited she almost knocks herself out!  Ry and Carsy are quite the pair, they make my heart melt.

Cheese! 4/29/2014

1 comment: