Monday, May 9, 2011

My 1st offical Mother's Day

I had an awesome 1st Mother's Day compliments of my amazing hubby and Ryland!  :)

It started early Sunday morning when Malek took the first night feeding (1am) and the morning feeding (7am) so that I could sleep in.  I woke up around 8am and headed into the living room, Ryland was sleeping in the swing and my hubby was in the kitchen.  He came into the living room with homemade cappuccinos and a card.  I couldn't believe my eyes when I opened the card and saw that he had actually written a very nice note that made me cry.  Little did I know that his tender note had a hidden meaning!  There were key words within the message that gave hints towards my gift.

Inside of my lovely card - key words: hardest, ear, best friend, 75th year
He bought me diamond stud earrings!  I was in absolute shock!  I had been asking for earrings like this for a while but figured I would be lucky to get them for Christmas.  My man always finds a way to surprise me.  In fact he'd had these earrings for over a month, before Ryland was even born!
Please ignore my red blotchy face from crying happy tears after reading my card  :)
Right after I put on the earrings we received a phone call from the kids.  Malek answered it and surprisingly handed me the phone.  Evan and Emma wanted to wish me a happy mother's day!  Definitely feeling the love.  :)  Then we moved to the front porch to enjoy a nice relaxing breakfast during the gorgeous morning weather.



Later on in the day Malek also let me go shopping for a couple hours!  It had been a while since I bought new shoes and the hubby was nice enough to watch Ryland so that I could go out and shop.  I managed to bring home 4 pairs of shoes ~blush~, all on sale!

Hello my lovelies!

I made it home from shopping just in time to feed my munchkin and enjoy some play time while the hubby napped (a well deserved nap). 

play time


Malek ended a marvelous Mother's Day by grilling us some delicious steaks for dinner while I cuddled with my baby.  I loved the outfit he picked out for Ryland - bananas over mommy!

cuddle time

Happy Mother's Day

Of course the day would not have been complete without some spit up and several outfit changes.  :)


We love you mommy!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers and grandmothers out there, I hope you had a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment