Friday, September 9, 2011

Got Milk?

I'm definitely running on empty.  It all started about a month ago when I came down with a nasty infectious virus that took me down hard.  My entire body ached, had a fever, loss of appetite, was dehydrated and generally felt like death for 2.5 weeks.  This perfect storm of a sickness reduced my milk production from 20 ounces a day down to 8-10 ounces a day!  I have not been able to increase production since returning to full health, not to mention all the work of pumping with little to no return is a bit defeating.  :(  My original goal was to nurse/pump for 6 months.  I'll be lucky now to make it another week, by then Ry will be 5 months.  I had a good run, but pumping is fast coming to a end.  I must admit it will be nice to be free of the pumping bag at work!
Holding my own bottle! 8/29/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment