Friday, November 19, 2010

19 weeks

How I Look - I am more aware of my growing bump and think it's noticeable, however several co-workers told me this past Wednesday that they still can't tell I'm pregnant and keep asking when I will start showing.  Maybe next week I'll pop.... 
Weight -   +2 lbs overall
How I Feel -  Still feeling great, I never had any nausea (knock on wood).  I have noticed this week that my lower back starts to ache in the afternoons/evenings.  I also noticed it when I was washing the dishes...not so sure Malek will let me out of house work though.  :^P  It could be that my growing bump is throwing off my center of gravity and putting stress on my lower back or that my lower abdomen is stretching/pulling the round ligaments which could be causing the achy feeling.  Both sound plausible.  My seat heaters in the car are the perfect solution and feel awesome.  Guess I'll be breaking out my heating pad at home soon.
Symptoms - Occasional lower backaches.
Cravings -  Still craving oreos and a cold glass of milk!  I think we're on package #3 now; yes, Malek and the kids are eating them as well.
Exercise -  No more running for me.  Malek and my friends have all said its time for me to stop running. In fact A had a dream that she yelled at me for being so competitive and trying to run.  :^P  I did make it to the gym on Monday for elliptical and some light arm weights and I've started walking around the neighborhood after work with Sarah.  Other than that, motivation is low for working out...I think it's due to the upcoming holidays.  :D
What I'm Looking Forward To -  Finding out the gender next week!!!!  My brother has money on a boy, however general consensus is that it's a girl.  I'm giddy with excitement!
Odds and Ends - This week I said 'screw it' and decided to start wearing maternity clothes.  I can still fit into several of my normal jeans, but when I tried on some maternity pants last week I was sold on how comfy they are and decided not to wait any longer.  A co-worker was nice enough to let me borrow all her maternity pants (she's tall like me) and they are perfect!  My favorite pair of jeans are from Gap, super long sexy boot cut style.  :-)  I also started wearing some maternity shirts this week...mainly because all my other shirts feel too short.  I realized on Monday I was walking around and constantly pulling my shirt down...so I figured it was time to bite the bullet and break out the maternity shirts.  The shirts are super comfy and I love that they are longer in length.  So far clothing from Motherhood Maternity is my favorite.  Guess it's time to pack up my regular clothes and make room for the maternity apparel in my closet!

No comments:

Post a Comment