Friday, November 5, 2010

17 weeks

How I Look - I think I look about the same.  Weight unchanged.  I'm still waiting for my belly to 'pop'. 
How I Feel -  Been a good week!  The past couple of days I've been exhausted by 9pm, other than that it's been an easy, comfortable week. 
Symptoms - My nose is still irritated/congested.  Borrowed a humidifier this week so I'm hoping that helps.
Cravings -  Nothing.  I went with A&J for sushi this week (don't worry all my stuff was cooked), and the smell of baked scallops about made me gag.  That's my first real aversion to food and the way it smelled.  I could eat it as long as I didn't smell it.  :^P
Exercise -  I've run twice this week, Tues and Thurs.  More than likely my last run will be this Sunday for The Race for the Cure.  After that my running will be sporadic at best, possibly nonexistent.  Hopefully I'll keep up with the elliptical machine.
What I'm Looking Forward To -  Still waiting to feel the baby move/kick.  Come on baby, flutter!  :) 
Odds and Ends - I read on the internet that at week 17 you should start rubbing your 'pooch' to help comfort the baby, this also helps with bonding, and the baby should be hearing things now!  I wonder if he/she will be as jumpy as me?  :D  Maybe I'll finally feel the baby move!  Also the baby's skeleton is changing from cartilage into bone (ossifying). 
Tomorrow we are going to Wurstfest...no bier for me...but I will indulge in all the yummy sausage and potato pancakes!

2 comments:

  1. Glad all is going well! I was reminded that I wanted to tell you that my favorite internet site during pregnancy was babycenter.com - good week-by-week info and a good resource for checking name popularity. Also, I didn't feel movement until week 19 or so. Once you recognize it, you'll wonder how you didn't feel it before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! I've been giong to babycenter.com to look up the week by week and baby names!

    ReplyDelete