Friday, March 11, 2011

35 weeks

How I Look - Everyone keeps telling me I look great for how far along I am.  My belly seems HUGE to me and its only gonna get bigger! 
How I Feel -  For the most part pretty good.  Belly is still incredibly tight and I can feel the baby constantly pushing/kicking my rib cage for more room.
Weight -   +24 lbs overall.  Most of baby's physical development is now complete - so now he's just putting on weight.  Right now he's about 5.3lbs!
Symptoms -  Frequent pee breaks.  Mood swings?  Not sure I've had any crazy mood swings yet...the hubby could tell ya....  :P
Cravings -  Giant glasses of milk...that's really about it.  I did make some awesome cinnamon rolls over the weekend so I've been munching on those every day.
Exercise -  Worked out Tuesday and took the dogs for several evening walks. 
What I'm Looking Forward To -  My maternity pictures this Saturday!
What I'm Not Looking Forward To -  How much MORE uncomfortable I'm going to become in the next 5 weeks.  And I HAVE to pack my hospital bag this weekend...I read I should be packed by week 35.  My mom was 3 weeks early with my brother...so no telling what could happen.
Odds and Ends - My baby shower was this past Saturday and it was awesome!  My friends did a great job hosting.  My mom left Wed morning, I was sad to see her go.  She helped me wash all the baby clothes and finish setting up the nursery.  All that's really left is to hang up the wall decor.  :)  Plus I need to buy some baby books!  I realized I only have 1 book for the kid.

 *** Update 3/13 *** 
I forgot to mention that we had our baby basics class on the 7th.  I enjoyed this 2.5 hour class, it was more hands on and interesting than the childbirth class.  We practiced swaddling, diaper changing and holding life-sized baby dolls plus we watched a couple short videos on taking care of baby when you come home from the hospital.  I'm curious if bathing an infant will go as easily as it did in the video...part of me thinks "ha! yeah right".  :)  At least now I can do a mean swaddle!
too true


No comments:

Post a Comment