Monday, July 18, 2011

3 Months

3 months young already (7/18), how time flies!  Ryland has graduated from newborn to infant and he's already showing us his budding personality!  

3 months young 7/18/2011
As of Friday's doctors office visit, Ryland weighed in at 11lbs 14 oz (same as his 2 month check-up).  We had to take him in as he was throwing up his food due to a 24 hr stomach virus, which caused him to drop some weight.  My guess is that he's at least a good 12 lbs or more.  Ryland still hates tummy time, but that hasn't stopped him from rolling over!  He's growing like a weed despite still eating only 4oz at a time.  He outgrew 0-3 months weeks ago and is firmly in 3 months, sometimes even wearing 3-6 month clothing depending on the brand. 

Eyeing the competition

You're so funny!

People are always commenting on his hair, big sweet eyes, and super long eyelashes!  Plus he has dimples!  :)  Ryland loves his hands - they are constantly covering his face and in his mouth, he loves making loud smacking noises with them.  This causes mommy a problem when taking my many pictures.  I really have to work at distracting him or holding his hands down so I can capture his smiles.  He likes to smile behind his hands.

Rock'n my mohawk 7/17

Feet!

What did you do to my hair mom & dad? 7/17

We moved Ryland to his crib in his room at the end of June - 1 week before I came back from maternity leave.  I was a little sad not to have him downstairs with us anymore, and walking up the stairs is a PITA, but he doesn't seem to mind.  :)  He is now consistently sleeping 6+ hours at night.  In fact one night he went 8 hours!  However I think that was also due to the fact that he was worn out from being sick.  He still loves to be swaddled and sometimes it's the only way to calm him down when he becomes over stimulated.  He will actually smile and become very quite when being swaddled.  Ryland is also a pro now at taking showers.


Keeping an eye on that wet stuff 7/17

Look at that shark fin on my head! 7/17

This week starts his 3rd week at daycare.  I really like the facility, plus they have an online web camera so we can check in on him during the day.  Despite Ryland getting sick last Friday and having to stay home, it's been going really well.  Usually daddy drops him off and I pick him up.  Last Thursday I switched with daddy and dropped him off, it wasn't bad at all, and daddy caught it on camera.  :)  My favorite parts of the day are Ryland's smiles greeting me in the morning when he wakes up and holding/picking up my little guy after work. 

Dropping off Ryland at Daycare 7/14/2011


No comments:

Post a Comment