Wednesday, August 11, 2010

And so it begins….

Aug 7, 2010


My friends and I have been running in the morning during the work week, and this time we decided to run Saturday morning as well. Big sacrifice for me since I normally sleep in until 9am on the weekend. My alarm rudely wakes me up at 6am, I manage to pull myself out of bed and stumble to the bathroom. As I’m about to sit down I notice a little box strategically propped up against the toilet paper. The night before I had remembered to take out a pregnancy test because I knew I wouldn’t think about it that early in the morning. I fumbled with the box for quite some time, sleep induced stupor makes for uncoordinated fingers.

Wait…what’s that? Is that a vertical line over the horizontal one???? I rub my sleep encrusted eyes; I must be seeing things… OMG! Is that a +?


The next couple minutes go something like this: rub eyes, jaw drops, eyes bug out, shock, silence….repeat.


THEN….excitement! OMG!!! I’m pregnant! How do I tell Malek? Do I wake him up? Do I let him find the test? Do I tell him after the run? From the bathroom I hear Malek get out of bed. Well now, wasn’t that good timing! I run out to the bedroom and grab him. “Come here, there’s something in the bathroom I need to show you, what do you see??” as I anxiously point to the water closet. He peers in and sees my test results. “Looks like a plus to me.” I’m smiling like crazy as he tells me congrats and gives me a kiss, then he’s off to make coffee as I run out the door to meet the girls for my run.

Mum’s the word!

No comments:

Post a Comment