Thursday, September 2, 2010

Odds and Ends

2am!!  I wake up every night at 2am to use the restroom.  It doesn't matter if I relieve myself right before going to bed or if I try not to drink an hour before going to bed....I always have to get up at 2am.  I knew I'd have those nightly run to the restroom moments, what surprises me is that it's always at the same time.  At least that's right in the middle of my 8-9 hr sleep cycle, so I can easily go back to bed before my alarm goes off.  ;-)

My exercise regime is still going strong!  The Dr. approved my running, elliptical and weight workouts but I had to give up volleyball and crunches.  I will miss volleyball as it is my favorite sport.  Softball I had given up a couple months earlier so no big deal there.  I wonder how long I'll be able to keep up with the running?  Guess it depends on when I start losing my balance...or when my ligaments and joints loosen up.  :P


So far I have felt great during my pregnancy, with the exception of week 7 (granted I'm only on week 8 at the moment).  The first 6 weeks went by no problem.  I didn't notice any aches or pains or nausea...until week 7.  That's when I started feeling icky, like I had the beginnings of a cold or flu.  My skin would sometimes be very sensitive to the touch and my stomach just felt off and I wasn't hungry.  Actually the thought of eating wasn't even appealing (gasp!).  I never threw up, and still haven't (knock on wood), I just didn't feel like myself.  One day after work I decided to take a nap to fight off the ickiness, figuring an hour of rest would be refreshing right?  My mistake, napping that late just made me feel 100x's worse!  I felt like I was hung over and completely out of it and again I didn't feel like eating.  I finally realized that delaying my food intake even by 30 mins contributed to the overall nasty feeling.  I've learned that I need to eat breakfast by 8am and have snacks around 10am and 3pm to maintain my chipper self, essentially eating every 2-3 hrs.  ;-)  I also now save my naps for the weekend when I can sleep for 2 hours at a time, usually between 1-3pm.  I'm back to feeling like myself - my pregnant self that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment