Friday, October 8, 2010

13 weeks

1 week to go and I'll be in my second trimester!!! 

Today I had my 13 week appointment and my first screening, Malek tagged along for the ultrasound part.  This was a very exciting doctor visit and we spent a good hour watching the baby on the monitor.  We got a ton of sonogram pictures, including a great face shot (perfect for Halloween).  However the little rascal wasn't cooperating to take the one necessary shot we needed.  I had to empty my bladder twice and turn on my side to try and move the baby into position.  Success!  The Dr told us everything looked good, good baby.  Afterwards they took another vial of blood (those darn vampires!) and then I headed down to my OBGYN (different appointment).  That was the shortest appointment ever!  It literally took 5 mins. They let me hear the heartbeat of the baby (pretty cool!), said I looked great, and they sent me on my way.  Next appointment is in 4 weeks.  I will be able to find out the sex of the baby at 20 weeks (Thanksgiving).


Hi baby Malek!  Profile shot
 
Scary face picture - perfect for Halloween

How I Look - My friends have declared that I now look pregnant.  I have a small yet noticeable bump.  Those that know I'm pregnant obviously know what's going on, otherwise I'm sure most people think I'm just putting on some belly weight.  Amazingly still no weight gain!
How I Feel - Excited!  The Dr's appointment today was awesome!!!  I was able to see our baby and it actually looked like a baby, the 1st sonogram looked like a chicken nugget.  There really is a baby in there!  Physically I still feel great.  So far so good, no issues.
Symptoms - Haven't really noticed anything this week.  Though Malek says I can be cranky at times.  Me? cranky?  :P
Cravings -  I don't think I had any cravings this week...at least none that I can remember.  I did want a super sud from Pok-e Jo's yesterday...and when I didn't think I was gonna get it I was actually kinda sad.  Amanda said I pouted until I found it on the menu.
Exercise - I ran on Monday and Thursday this week, and I have a 5K race on Sunday (my birthday).  I love this cooler weather, my pace has improved!  I also made it to the gym on Tuesday for my elliptical workout.

Can you see the slight bump?  I think it's more noticeable in a white shirt.
My new bike that Malek and the kids gave me for my bday!


No comments:

Post a Comment