Friday, January 21, 2011

28 weeks

How I Look - I finally had co-workers start congratulating me at work this week (3 in one day!).  I must admit the shirts I've worn the past few days make me look really pregnant, so they probably felt safe enough now to say something. ;)
How I Feel -  Awesome!
Weight -   +15 lbs overall.  Holding steady from last week.
Symptoms -  Occasional lower back aches.  Posture is key.
Cravings -  Cupcakes!  This week has been all about chocolate cupcakes, I made two different batches.  1st batch was devil's food cake from a box mix with chocolate frosting.  The 2nd batch was a brand new recipe and from scratch, chocolate surprise cupcakes, made with cocoa powder and a cream cheese choc chip filling!
Exercise -  Went to the gym on Monday and Tuesday.
What I'm Looking Forward To -  I ordered a maternity dress from motherhood.com (it was $14 on sale!) and I'm patiently waiting for it to arrive.  It looked super cute online!  I want to wear it for my shower.  :)
What I'm Not Looking Forward To -  From what I read, 28 weeks and on is when some mothers feel leg cramps, itching and swelling.  So far I'm doing OK, fingers crossed going forward!
Odds and Ends - I passed the glucose test!!!  The Doctors want you at a score under 140 and mine was 88.  Woohoo!  However they did say my iron was a bit low, so I get to take iron supplements.  Either way I'm just happy I don't have to retake the glucose test, the 2nd time around is much worse from what I hear (an all day event and 3 different times to draw blood). 
My friends showed me the invitations for the baby shower, they are super cute (I'll post pictures later when they are actually mailed).  I'm so excited and can barely wait!!!  I, actually my friend Amanda, also found a great deal for newborn pictures!  The photographer is melissa q and I've already booked her for the end of April.  Our maternity pictures will be through luxe photography in March, I bought a photo package deal for it off Eversave Austin.  Save where I can right? 

28 weeks - 1/21/2011




No comments:

Post a Comment