Sunday, January 2, 2011

Crib, curtains and glider oh my!

Lots of changes/home improvements going on in the Malek household!

Hubby and I painted all the bedrooms upstairs the weekend before my parents arrived for the holidays (yes, I really did paint).  The nursery received a nice kilim beige coat of paint, which will go perfectly with the crib bedding we picked out.

Next my dad and hubby put together the Pali Paula crib, which a good friend of mine from out of town gave to me.  It did arrive a bit damaged, but the men expertly repaired it!  Now we just need the mattress.

I ordered curtains from Restoration Hardware before my parents arrived, the curtains were delivered the day before xmas!  We bought a nice mahogany wood pole and finials from Home Depot and my dad hung them up for us.  The blue curtains match the crib bedding perfectly!

My mom found a new lamp base for the brown shade I had in the guest room.  The color matches the crib and dresser...and it was only $4 from Goodwill!




I also purchased a mirror with dark wood frame to hang above the dresser from HomeGoods.  We are still trying to figure out the best way to arrange the room before we can hang the mirror.  I'm trying to keep the bed in the room so I have a place to crash if I need to stay with the baby all night...but that queen sized bed takes up a lot of space!  We might have to take it out and put our futon in there or a couch from the game room....decisions decisions.

Yesterday I found an awesome glider and ottoman on Craigslist for only $45 - what a steal deal!  :D  It's super comfortable.  Currently it's located in our garage until we move it upstairs. 



Next up is to paint Emma's old dresser espresso and use it in the nursery.  We put all my old furniture from my childhood (which is still in awesome condition) into Emma's room, so she has a nice matching set. 

The baby's room is coming along splendidly!

No comments:

Post a Comment