Wednesday, June 26, 2013

21 weeks

6/26/2013 - 21 weeks and 4 days 

How I Look -  Baby got front.  Check out the 20 week comparison shots from when I was pregnant with Ry and now with baby girl.

Weight :  +4.5 lbs  (currently on the same path as my 1st pregnancy)

How I Feel - Good for the most part.  Although it's already getting hard to bend over and move around.  Some times I feel like a beached whale on the couch.  This does not bode well for me.

Symptoms -  Swelling in my hands.  The past couple of days I've noticed my hands starting to swell.  To counteract the swelling I have to keep my lower arms (from elbow to hand) parallel with the ground.  It's only happened twice; once while out walking (I think due to the heat), the other at work.  Thankfully it didn't last long.  This summer heat is not going to be very forgiving.  I probably need to drink more water as well, I haven't been very good about that this week.  

Cravings - Oreos and really wanting some wine, O'Doul's will just have to do.

Exercise - Walking at night, sometimes with the dogs.  Hitting up the gym 2-3x's a week.

What I'm Looking Forward To -  Figuring out what to add to our baby registry.  Earlier this week I started our registry and added the bedding.  Most of the big ticket items we already have and will reuse (crib, pack n play, swing, etc).  Still gotta figure out the other things we'll need:  I'm drawing a blank as all I can think of are clothes and decor...

Odds & Ends -  One of the employees at the gym noticed my baby bump today.  She said I looked tiny!  That made my day.  :)  I also broke out the Mederma stretch mark cream this week.  I haven't noticed any stretch marks yet but as I'm already showing way more this 2nd time around I don't want to take any chances.  Varicose veins are supposed to start showing up about this time (according to babycenter.com), so far I'm doing everything I need to be doing (legs up, exercising) except sleeping on my left side.  For whatever reason I seem to be more comfortable on my right side.

No comments:

Post a Comment