Thursday, April 18, 2013

10 weeks

4/10/2013 - 10 weeks and 4 days

How I Feel - OMG I'm so tired of being sick!  I had a cold about a month ago that lasted a good 2 weeks (congestion, cough), then I caught that awful stomach bug on Easter, and now I'm sick again with the same congestion/cough (going on a week now).  All I can take is Tylenol and Robitussin, which really doesn't do that much for me.  Making a baby and fighting a cold really lowers my energy level and impacts my desire to workout.  Blah!

Without fail I always seem to get sick in March, EVERY YEAR!  I've been wondering for the past couple years if I developed an allergy, which is quite common when you've lived in TX over 5 years.  So when I got sick the first time back in March I finally schedule an allergy appointment.  Low and behold I'm allergic to dust mites and ragweed, which had nothing to do with the current season or with my cold.  Sigh, so apparently I'm just prone to colds around March time frame   Ragweed is bad from Aug-Nov, and dust mites are year round, but our house is still fairly new and I've never had an issue with them before, otherwise I'm sure I'd be a mess year round.  So I can't blame allergies and I just have to suffer through it.

Other than fighting a cold I seem to be doing quite well and I'm not nauseous anymore.

Exercise - I am still working out though I've taken the intensity down a notch.  I'm only running 3-4 miles at a time and when I cycle I go at a more leisurely pace.

Cravings/Symptoms - My food intake has increased, yet my weight has gone down.  Very strange indeed.  I find myself eating 2 dinners at night.  I'm starving by the time I get home from work, so I eat about 5:30pm, then again at 8pm!  I don't remember eating this much when preggers with Ry.  The past couple days I've actually had 2 breakfasts as well!  Just call me a Hobbit.  :)

Weight: -3 lbs (since I took the pregnancy test)

Well I can honestly say the 2nd time around the novelty of being pregnant is gone.  I've been there, done that and I'm already ready for it to be over.  The first time it's all brand new and exciting.  Now I know what I'm in for and I'll be in my 3rd trimester at the heat of the TX summer.  So not looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment