Friday, April 26, 2013

12 weeks

4/24/2013 - 12 weeks and 4 days

Today was my big doctors appointment and screening!  I'm happy to say everything went well with the ultrasound. The NT test (nuchal translucency screen) came back great, nice and thin.  Our little pumpkin (as affectionately referred to by the technician) was very active; moving around all over the place, stretching, and flipping from back to front.  We had to wait a good 15 mins for baby to tire out before we could get the right angle to measure the NT tissue.  The Dr said everything looked great and all limbs, brains, etc were all present and accounted for.  :)  The heartbeat was at a healthy 152 bpm.  After the ultrasound they gave me the MaterniT21 packet and sent me to the lab for blood work.  I was surprised that they only needed 2 vials of blood!  It will take 7-10 days to get the results back, which should also tell us the gender!  After the lab I headed down to my OBGYN's office for my checkup, which lasted all of 5 mins.  It's so nice that the ultrasound office, lab and my Dr's office are all in the same building!  Next appointment is in 4 weeks.
Nice profile!

Hi mom and dad!

Sweet baby foot and toes!
How I Look - The same as last week.  I forgot to take a bump picture, but I'll definitely provide one at 13 weeks.

Weight:  -3 lbs (the same)

How I Feel - Nausea has returned, sigh.  I thought I was through it but apparently baby said "ha!"  I started feeling icky again this past Saturday.  I felt sick after my nieces bday party, probably due to the fact that I ate two full lobster rolls.  My guess was the lobster was way too rich for me and ran right through my system.  Then on top of that I had a virgin piña colada, which I think was way too sweet and caused me to throw up.  :(  I managed to eat dinner and thought I was through the worst of it, but then Sunday morning as I was on my way to a 5K race I threw up again.  Needless to say no race for me.  I ended up sleeping most of the day away.  I've also decided no more lobster (I'll allow lobster bisque) or virgin piña coladas for me.  The rest of the week I've been OK, feeling icky here and there.

Symptoms - Tired, some headaches and dizziness, nausea....oh and pregnancy blemishes on my chest!  UGH!

Cravings - Fruit, veggies and mac n cheese.  Fruit seems to really help settle my stomach when I start feeling icky.

Exercise - Only worked out twice this week. Mainly due to the fact that I felt nausea and tired most of the week, or had lunch plans.  ;)  My run Fri morning was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment