Friday, April 12, 2013

8 weeks - 2nd checkup

3/26/2013 - 8 weeks and 3 days

Yup, this was the long Dr appointment where they go over all the information, give you your pregnancy packet, talk to you about tests and take a good 3-5 vials of blood.  Since I will be 35 years old a couple weeks before the baby is born, I'm eligible for the high risk pregnancy test called MaterniT21, apparently 35+ is considered advanced maternal age, PFFT!  It's a noninvasive blood test that tests for fetal chromosome variations (Trisomy 21, 13, 18).  Now just gotta make sure this is covered by insurance.  :Þ  This test can also determine the gender, so we could know what we're having as early as week 12!

I also had another ultrasound.  This time my new Dr actually had an old sonogram machine and could do it herself.  Usually I have to go to a different Dr for the ultrasound.  As the machine was so old the picture quality wasn't as great, everything still looked like a blurry blob.  However she said everything looks great.  The heartbeat was up to 193 bpm and I'm measuring on track.

Since I will have to have a c-section again, the Dr mentioned we could schedule for a week before the due date.  Therefore we're looking at Oct 25th as the potential due date.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment